Monday 28 January 2013

Review: BB Cream


Just about every make up brand has come out with them, and probably the most popular foundation on the market right now- the BB creams.
I'm going to talk strictly about brands that are sold in drug stores, since that is what I have tried myself.
Overall, BB creams are a great tinted moisturizer for someone who only needs LIMITED coverage. That being said, if you are looking for a product to cover pronounced blemishes, BB creams may not do the trick on their own, (you can always pair it with something else like a concealer stick and powder to give it the extra kick!). So far I've tried Maybelline, L'oreal, Garnier, Vichy, Marcelle, Covergirl, Revlon, Annabell, and Dermaglow. *One thing to keep in mind when picking out your BB cream is that generally they only come in 2-4 shades- meaning that one products may not suit a persons skin while another product will. *

My favourite BB cream so far is tied between Garnier and Annabell. I found on their own they give the most coverage while still feeling very hydrating to the skin without clogging pores or feely "cakey". Annabell also has a BB Stick Concealer and a BB Powder to finish. love love love the concealer, it gives amazing coverage to dark under eye areas and is very smooth making it easy to blend. I prefer a loose powder, but the BB pressed powder isn't bad!
I expected more from Vichy.... Maybe it was just that the colour didn't match my skin AT ALL, so it was difficult to see whether it actually worked or not. The two shades it came in appeared very pale, and didn't blend in to my skin (my skin is an olive tone, and I usually go for the "medium" shades).
The Covergirl BB cream is NOT worth your time... it literally has no coverage at all. I generally like Covergirl but this is definitely not their best product.
Marcelle is another one of my favourites. I also like that they have a BB Illuminator, and just came out with a BB Concealer which is GREAT! Marcelle's BB cream gives a nice "glow" to your face, and the coverage is pretty good for what can be expected from a BB cream (as I said, it's more of a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation). However, the good thing about Marcelle is that they have a BB Cream to Powder to put on top of the BB cream. I absolutely LOVE this stuff, the coverage is amazing, but it is a little bit pricey!
I have yet to try Dermaglow's BB cream, but I have tried their BB Illuminating Concealer and it is truly amazing. Illuminating is the key word. It gives your under eyes a brightened, fresh glow on even the tiredest mornings! Most stores should have a tester to try for yourself, and I recommend that you do! The only negative thing that I have to say is that I find it to be very expensive (at my store it is $35 for a tiny tube of it).
The other brands I've tried were nothing special to write about, I found them to be mediocre but not awful.
I hope this review was helpful! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your info about the bb creamd....it was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your info about the bb creamd....it was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete